Friday, June 6, 2014

50 Portraits Exhibition


While I’m entering the exhibition I liked the way of presenting the background of the artist himself. I liked the way there presenting the photographs too. Moreover, I loved the section of white and black photographs; it includes many elements of photography that we learned in our course. In the gallery I realized that most pictures of Gregory Heister that displayed were about many well-known personalities in the world. Including representatives such as Julia Robert, Hugh Grant, Hillary Clinton and Michael Phelps. Also the presidents such as George W. Bush and Yasser Arafat. Gregory Heister was taking those pictures of who wish to be like them and follow their tracks.

From my point of view I think the photographer had focused more on the face in most of his photographs. In addition, most of his pictures were about taking photo of people around the wide world from many different societies and cultures. Moreover, Gregory Heister used the focus lighting in his pictures as you can see in the papers that provide us. There are many pictures have elements like light focus for example this pictures below shows the side lighting which will make the photo be more attractive for the viewers.


I loved all the pictures that were display in the exhibition. The pictures lets you feel and know that behind all people that Gregory Heister took their photos there is a story that describe their life such as success, optimism and efforts. While you saw the pictures I feel that each person in the picture wants to tell you their best achievement until they arrived to this success as they're famous. Also many characters let me feel that they are happy in their life or they may be happy, because Gregory Heister took their personal photograph.



No comments:

Post a Comment